Monday, September 10, 2012

Sirens Death


This painting entitled Sirens Death, was featured on a Blue Canvas group called Blue.  I was really chuffed to be asked and felt it to be a great honour to share my work amongst their super talented artist body.

Although Q refers to this as the "mermaid in bondage" painting, I regard the image as having a shared duality - one that is both violent yet serene.  A troubled soul succumbing to a treacherous life.  I can almost hear  melodic music fading as she sinks to the depths of the sea.

I would encourage any new (or established) artist to unfold their wings and venture into online art communities such as Blue Canvas or forums and groups through Facebook.  It's actually rather fun to connect with like minds and banter for hours about artsy stuff.

Connections, whether virtual or face to face, give me inspiration and let me know I am not alone on this artistic journey of life.

I      

2 comments:

  1. hi john...i love your header....beautiful......i don't know about blue canvas, i'll check it out!

    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous. I dont see it so much as violent either. Well done John

    ReplyDelete